Mobile menu

Buckingham Palace Gardens

The gardens at Buckingham Palace were transformed by George IV after his accession in 1820. The new garden façade of the Palace was raised on a substantial terrace and the existing lake was greatly enlarged. This excavation generated a substantial earthwork bank to the south which was densely planted to create privacy and hidden views looking back towards the palace from the perimeter walk.