Mobile menu
E. Wolff & Co for Garrards

Queen Mary's Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara 1893

Diamonds and silver | 7.0 x 21.0 x 10.5 cm (whole object) | RCIN 200192

Your share link is...

  Close

Tiara of diamonds and silver; in two parts, both of which can be worn separately. Of a scroll and festoon design in diamonds set on a detachable bandeau base of alternate circular and lozenge diamonds between two plain diamond bands.
  • Creator(s)

    E. Wolff & Co for Garrards (jeweller)

    Wolff, E. & SON (jeweller)

    Garrards (jeweller)

  • 7.0 x 21.0 x 10.5 cm (whole object)

  • Tiara

  • A wedding present for Princess Mary of Teck from the 'Girls of Great Britain and Ireland', purchased with money raised by a committee chaired by Lady Eve Greville. Queen Mary later replaced pearl finials with diamonds and separated the lozenge-pattern bandeau from the base in order for it to be worn as a headband. 

     A wedding gift to HRH Princess Elizabeth and Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten on 20 November 1947 on the occasion of their marriage from Queen Mary. The Queen later reunited the tiara and bandeau as one piece.