Mobile menu

Parrocel’s millitary paintings

Parrocel’s period of service with a cavalry regiment led him to specialise in equestrian and military paintings. These portraits were first hung in the Armoury on the top floor of Carlton House. George’s fondness for them is evident in his choice in 1823 to move them to Royal Lodge in Windsor Great Park, the secluded residence where he largely lived in the last years of his life.

Purchased in 1808